The Mall

The Student News Site of The Hun School of Princeton

The Mall

The Mall

Boarding Life: Spirit Week
November 25, 2023
Hun Review
November 25, 2023
Huns Football Jersey Tradition
Bridging the Gap
November 25, 2023

Hallowing Boarding Event at Hun

10/28/2023
Diego Pena
The entrance to the Haunted House

On the 31st of October, Hun’s resident community celebrated the amazing holiday of Halloween. Proctors worked hard, preparing an amazing experience for their fellow boarders by decorating most of Russell Hall into a Haunted House. Visitors were scared by several objects and even the proctors actively participated to scare everyone. The purpose of this event was to bring together the community and teach those students who might have not experienced Halloween in their countries what it’s all about. 

The proctor’s jobs is to create a welcoming and safe environment for all students so when asked about how would this event affect the boarding community, proctor Daniel Cano responded “every big event that we create for the whole community is design to have a positive impact into the community; we want students to connect and socialize through this experiences, have things to talk about, and just overall have a fun time.” Daniel took a very active role in the Haunted House in being a terrifying prisoner that scared all who dared come in the house. 

The students and faculty that went through this experience gave some really memorable screams and quotes. When asked about the experience of the haunted house, resident student Nico Amecangelo responded “this was a great experience – it was really scary as well, they did an amazing job decorating the whole place and making it as real as possible.” Nico also highlighted the incredible acting performance of the proctors who were part of the haunted house. 

At the end of the event, proctor Ana Dios, commented on how the event went overall. “I think we did a really good job and that everyone had a great time, people were really getting sucked into the experience even better than expected, we hope to have more events like this in the upcoming future.” 

These events are what make Hun such a welcoming and safe environment. By having gatherings like this, the school encourages students to go outside their comfort zone and socialize in a variety of ways.